Kenexis provides engineering services focused on process safety engineering to assist organizations in the safe, secure and reliable operation of their chemical processes. Kenexis engineering services are defined by ISA/IEC 61511 Functional Safety – Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector and ISA/IEC 62443 Industrial Automation and Control Systems Security.
Kenexis engineering services are divided into four main areas.
- Fire and Gas Mapping includes F&G System Philosophy, Performance Target Selection, Detector Placement and Technology Assessment, Detector Mapping (Coverage) Assessment, Functional Safety Assessment, F&G Requirements Specifications, and Maintenance and Testing (Validation) Support.
- Development of Fire and Gas System Philosophy
- Performance Target Selection
- Detector Placement and Technology Assessment
- Detector Mapping (Coverage) Assessment
- Fire and Gas Functional Safety Assessment
- Fire and Gas Requirements Specifications Development
- Maintenance and Testing (Validation) Support
- SIS includes SIL Verification, Safety Requirements Specifications (SRS), Maintenance & Testing Specifications, and Function Safety Assessments.
- PHA includes Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies, What If, Preliminary Hazards Assessment, SIL Selection using Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA), Focused QRA (which looks at a subset only), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Industrial Control System Cyber Security includes Conformance and Gap Analysis, Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Testing, Network Design and Migration Planning, and Policy and Procedure development.