The U2S Series All-In-One Industrial Flame Monitoring
Solution by Honeywell Thermal Solutions
Honeywell Thermal Solutions' latest flame monitoring innovation: the U2S all-in-one flame monitor provides accurate discrete, analog, and communicated data in the harshest of environments while only requiring a small amount of panel space and maintenance.
As an Authorized Honeywell Distributor, Detection & Measurement Systems provides valuable sales & engineering support for both retrofit and new flame monitoring applications.
These SIL 3 capable flame monitors are compact & rugged, yet simple to apply & commission. Users enjoy the highest level of reliability and flame discrimination even on the most challenging multi-burner applications.
All variants of the U2S are available with Class 1 Division 1 / Zone 1 Hazardous Classified Area compliance.
The U2S Series flame monitors are suitable for single burner, multi-burner, multi-fuel, and other challenging applications such as:
- Burners firing on vapor, liquid, and solid fuels including 100% hydrogen applications
- Industrial, utility, and combined cycle steam generation
- Rotary kilns for cement, lime, calcination, and waste disposal
- Thermal oxidizers, incinerators, enclosed flares, and combustors
- Single & multi-fueled turbines
- Black liquor recovery boilers
- Sulfur reaction furnaces
What makes the Honeywell Thermal Solutions' U2S Flame Monitor unique?
Instead of having a processor companioned with a remote viewing head, the U2S Series integrates both the processor and viewing head sensor(s) into a single burner mounted all-in-one flame monitor. This is ideal if cabinet real estate is at a premium in your facility or if gaining access to these panels/cabinets is challenging.
The U2S Series has bundled the following advanced features to provide U2S users with unrivaled capabilities and safety:
Download the Honeywell Industrial Flame Monitoring U2S product brochure
- Highly advanced on-board self-diagnostics
- Electronic check (no mechanical shutter) limiting X-ray and Gamma ray interference
- Independent & adjustable gain settings for each sensor
- Ten selectable flicker frequency filters (limited to models with solid state sensors)
- Integrated touchscreen user interface with easy scrolling menu
- RS485 two-wire Modbus for remote monitoring and configuration access
- File select input/output allows for external control of two pre-programmed device file settings with feedback to the burner control system
for the full specs and details and then invite us for a walkthrough of your facility. We'd love to see how Honeywell's latest in flame monitoring technology can make your life a little easier.